AWIB 2010 Annual Procurement Opportunities Conference:
Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprises
New York, NY (May 4, 2010) - Asian Women In Business (AWIB) will hold its Annual Procurement Opportunities Conference for Minority/Women-owned Business Enterprises (“M/WBEs”) on Thursday, May 13, 2010 at BNY Mellon, 101 Barclay Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
AWIB’s annual conference is a can’t-miss opportunity for minority/women-owned business enterprises (M/WBEs) to meet corporate and government procurement officials as well as hundreds of fellow business owners. Most importantly, entrepreneurs will gain insider knowledge on how to market themselves to win contracts and have the opportunity to privately access buyers from Fortune 1000 companies and federal/state/local government agencies who are all attending specifically to meet with M/WBEs. Over 400 attendees across all industries are expected to participate.
Opening remarks will be made by New York City District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration, Pravina Raghavan, who is the first Asian woman to hold that important position.
- Expert industry specific panel discussions regarding Corporate, City, State & Federal Agencies & Public Authorities selling opportunities. Gain invaluable advice on industry trends, successful procurement strategies and best practices.
- Corporate Matchmaking - One-on-one meetings for pre-qualified vendors with buyers from corporations ranging from industries such as beverage, apparel, office equipment, technology, entertainment and construction.
- Exhibitors – A host of government agencies, public authorities and corporations will have individualized booths with information available.
- Networking – The chance to meet key decision makers in purchasing, identify new customers and build relationship with potential business partners.
- Lastly, Attendees can learn about M/WBE certification and how to utilize it as an effective tool to create and cultivate new opportunities.
Below is a partial list of participating corporations, government agencies and public authorities. Please visit AWIB’s website – www.awib.org for the latest updates.
Corporations: AIG, AT&T, Beyer Blinder & Belle, Bloomingdales, BNY Mellon, CBS Corporation, Colgate Palmolive, Con Edison, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Horizon Healthcare Services, Inc., Marsh & McLennan Companies, MTV Networks, NBC Universal, PepsiCo, Inc., Prudential Financial, Siemens, Tishman Construction and more.
Government Agencies and Authorities: MTA, Battery Park City Authority, NY Power Authority, NYS Dormitory Authority, Port Authority of NY/NJ, Empire State Development Corp, NYC FDNY, NYPD, NJ Transit, NJ Treasury, NYC ACS, NYC Depart. Of Education, NYC Housing Authority, NYC Parks Department, U.S. IRS, U.S. Small Business Administration, and more.
Admission is FREE. But attendees must RSVP by May 12th. Participants in the match-making session must submit a pre-qualification form by May 7th.
Registration and pre-qualification forms can be downloaded at www.awib.org/ProcurementConference. Free breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please call (212) 868-1368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PRESS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND, BUT MUST RSVP TO GAIN ENTRANCE INTO BNY MELLON
Asian Women In Business (www.awib.org) is the only nonprofit organization in the country with the primary mission of assisting Asian women entrepreneurs. Over the years, AWIB has expanded its mission to address issues affecting the business and professional development of Asian women. AWIB sponsors conferences, workshops and seminars on a variety of business topics and holds frequent networking activities to enable members to make important business contacts.