Asian Women In Business Upcoming Events
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Join AWIB for a PRIVATE champagne reception to welcome the Fall season at the Fendi Boutique. Shoppers will receive a 10% discount on purchases made that evening AND 10% of the evening's proceeds will benefit AWIB. Reservations guaranteed for AWIB members and their guests to this exclusive evening of shopping and networking.
Venue: 677 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY
Time: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Registraton: AWIB Members (plus one guest) have guaranteed reservations; all others will be confirmed according to availability.
View event invitation.
November 3, 10, 17, 24, 2014
Starting Your Business 101
AWIB's four part series covers everything you need to know to start a business, from writing a business plan to marketing, deciding on the right business structure, accounting and obtaining financing. Take one or more classes and to get the most out of our offerings, it is recommended that you take the entire 4 part series.
Writing a Business Plan
Monday, November 3
- Why and when you need a Business Plan
- Elements of an effective plan
- Importance of strategic planning
- Using research and resources to make your case
Legal Structures, Taxes & Record Keeping
Monday, November 10
- Legal structure; deciding what is best for your business
- Accounting essentials: cash flow, balance sheets, record keeping & taxes
- Software for small businesses
Marketing—On and Offline Strategies
Monday, November 17
- Create a Marketing Plan
- Outsmart your competitors and effectively target your market
- Use social media to find customers and to grow your business
Financing Your Business
Monday, November 24
- Loans, investments, credit lines & SBA guarantees
- Alternative financing, crowd funding and venture capital
- How much financing do you really need?
- What do lenders/investors look for?
Cocktails at Tiffany
Your chance to win Tiffany treasures and support AWIB at this Keys for a Cause event at Tiffany & Co.
Date to be announced soon.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
You can view AWIB's past programs.