Asian Women In Business Upcoming Events
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
AWIB Members: Free
Join AWIB for a PRIVATE champagne reception to welcome the Fall season at the Fendi Boutique. Shoppers will receive a 10% discount on purchases made that evening AND 10% of the evening's proceeds will benefit AWIB. Reservations guaranteed for AWIB members and their guests to this exclusive evening of shopping and networking.
Venue: 677 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY
Time: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Registraton: AWIB Members have guaranteed reservations; all others will be confirmed according to availability.
View event invitation.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
An Evening with Hollywood Legend Nancy Kwan @ the NY Historical Society
From her memorable role in The World of Suzie Wong to her remarkable performance in Flower Drum Song, Nancy Kwan is one of the first actresses of Chinese descent to achieve fame in Western cinema, opening the doors for many actors to follow. In an intimate conversation with acclaimed producer Susan Lacy, Ms. Kwan recounts the defining moments of her memorable career and shares stories of influential friendships with icons such as Bruce Lee and Dean Martin, among others.
Nancy Kwan has been the star of more than 40 films, in a wide variety of roles, from the 1960s to today. She is most well-known for her roles in The World of Suzie Wong and Flower Drum Song.
November 3, 10, 17, 24, 2014
Starting Your Business 101
AWIB's four part series covers everything you need to know to start a business, from writing a business plan to marketing, deciding on the right business structure, accounting and obtaining financing. Take one or more classes and to get the most out of our offerings, it is recommended that you take the entire 4 part series.
Writing a Business Plan
Monday, November 3
- Why and when you need a Business Plan
- Elements of an effective plan
- Importance of strategic planning
- Using research and resources to make your case
Legal Structures, Taxes & Record Keeping
Monday, November 10
- Legal structure; deciding what is best for your business
- Accounting essentials: cash flow, balance sheets, record keeping & taxes
- Software for small businesses
Marketing—On and Offline Strategies
Monday, November 17
- Create a Marketing Plan
- Outsmart your competitors and effectively target your market
- Use social media to find customers and to grow your business
Financing Your Business
Monday, November 24
- Loans, investments, credit lines & SBA guarantees
- Alternative financing, crowd funding and venture capital
- How much financing do you really need?
- What do lenders/investors look for?
Cocktails at Tiffany
Your chance to win Tiffany treasures and support AWIB at this Keys for a Cause event at Tiffany & Co.
Date to be announced soon.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
You can view AWIB's past programs.