The deadline for completed applications is October 1, 2014.
Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The definition of Asian follows that provided by the U.S. Census.
Candidates must also fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Have at least one or more of the following:
a) demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (H.S. credit/grades do not count towards this scholarship)
- Provide the most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Additional $2,500 (for a total of $5,000) may be awarded to applicants that have fulfilled the leadership requirements and can also demonstrate financial need. To be eligible, you must submit a copy of the most current FAFSA form and the Financial Aid Award Notice from your institution for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Please note: this scholarship is competitive and the above criteria are minimum requirements to be considered for the AWIB scholarship. There are many more applicants than funds available.
For more information, please visit the AWIB Scholarship Fund
Frequently Asked Questions page.
Click below to read about AWIB Scholarship Winners.
Or, send a check with the donation form to AWIB Scholarship Fund, Asian Women In Business, 42 Broadway, Suite 1748, New York, NY 10004. Checks should be payable to the AWIB Scholarship Fund.
Questions? Call 212.868.1368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The AWIB Scholarship Fund started giving out scholarships in 2008. It is our plans to give out scholarships annually, but it is subject to the availability of funds. AWIB needs your help and is accepting donations to the Scholarship Fund which is fully tax-deductible under IRS Section 501.c3. You can be a catalyst in encouraging the leadership development of Asian women in college. Please make a contribution today to the AWIB Scholarship Fund.
|Donations to the Fund are fully tax-deductible under IRS Section 501(c)(3). Funding is dependent on the generosity of individual donors|